Forget about the “weaker sex” tales that men used to say once. The society has evolved at a fast pace and women are more powerful than ever. The world has also evolved when it comes to health and sports. Statistics and studies show that women are embracing martial arts and are showing great skills in applying them in gyms or competitions.
The most preferred martial art for women is Taekwondo. Martial arts are not seen any more as a way to show force and power or to fight, but as an opportunity to improve the health, the shape of the body and to achieve inner peace.
Below we have listed some of the reasons why we encourage women to apply martial arts:
- The application of martial arts makes women stronger. (Not only in the physical aspect, but also in the emotional and mental aspects as well).
- Martial arts help women to establish a constructive rapport with their bodies.
- Martial Arts strengthen your character and the process of self actualization.
- Martial arts can teach women how to control emotions and to establish a healthy and stable mental balance.
- Martial Arts are a good way to protect you in dangerous situations.
- Martial Arts are a good way to make new friends.
Read these wonderful quotes about strong women. We hope they will inspire you.
- “It is better to be looked over than overlooked.”
― Mae West
- “I am the blood of the dragon. I must be strong. I must have fire in my eyes when I face them, not tears.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords
- “On the left side of a strong woman, stands a strong man; he is strengthened by her character.”
― Ellen J. Barrier
- “No one knows what you have been through or what your pretty little eyes have seen, but I can reassure you ~ whatever you have conquered, it shines through your mind.”
― Nikki Rowe